- Explora is not open to the public, per the Governor’s public health order.
- Phase One re-opening of Explora began with the return of Explora Summer Camps. Virtual camps began May 26, and in-person summer camps began on June 15. Both run through August 7. To register please visit: https://www.explora.us/en/educational-programs/camps/
- There is no date for Phase Two: re-opening for general admission, per the Governor’s public health order. Visit our social media channels for updates and continued STEAM programming: Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter.
- Explora no está abierto al público, según la orden de salud pública de la Gobernadora.
- La reapertura de la Fase Uno de Explora comenzó con el regreso de los Campamentos de Verano Explora. Los campamentos virtuales comenzaron el 26 de Mayo, y los campamentos de verano en persona comenzaron el 15 de Junio. Ambos se extenderán hasta el 7 de Agosto. Para registrarse, visite: https://www.explora.us/en/educational-programs/camps/
- En este momento, no hay fecha para la Fase Dos: reapertura para admisión general, según la orden de salud pública de la Gobernadora. Visite nuestros canales de redes sociales para actualizaciones y programación continua de STEAM: Facebook, Instagram y Twitter.
Teen Science Café
Teen Science Cafés are FREE events where teens can meet a local scientist and find out about their work and career! Meet other teens, have snacks, and enjoy a science talk and activity.
Friday, March 6, 2020
The Smart Microgrid
with Rudy Montoya, UNM Research Assistant
Not too long ago, power failures were catastrophic events that would disrupt thousands of families, businesses, and city/state infrastructure. Rudy is a mechanical engineer working to change the structure of today’s electrical grid system to intelligently manage power changes, incorporate sustainable energy, and to increase the efficiency of the current grid. In this Café, you can interact with a 3D model of the SMART Microgrid, play with electromagnets, and create electrical circuits.
FREE Teen Science Cafés meet from 5:30–7pm at Explora and do not require registration!
Check out these other great teen events & programs at Explora!
FREE Teen Nights at Explora
- Door prizes
Home School Explorations
Explora’s Home School Explorations Series offers your child a semester of weekly, hour-long experiential science, technology, and art programs. Each Exploration is facilitated by Explora educators.
Frontiers for Young Minds
We are looking for 8–15-year-olds with curious minds to join us for a FREE program designed to help scientists create engaging research articles! Frontiers for Young Minds believes that the best way to make cutting-edge science discoveries available to younger audiences is to enable young people and scientists to work together to create articles that are both accurate and exciting.
Teen Tech Club
The Teen Tech Club offers teens a place to create, tinker, play and learn. In an open-ended format, participants will guide their own learning by exploring cutting edge technology with guidance from experts.
Funding assistance for Explora Teen Science Cafés (aka. Café Scientifique) is provided in part by New Mexico EPScoR.