Science to Grow On™
Science to Grow On™
For grades K-3, at Explora
Parent participation is welcome, but optional
Spring Semester: January 22 – April 30, 2022
Grow your child’s love for science!
In Science to Grow On™, children make discoveries by questioning, experiencing, and investigating. Explora educators engage children and their adults in age-appropriate activities that incorporate science, art, and fun! Each session focuses on a different theme. Activities change each semester.
Meets every other week for 1½ hours.
Parent or adult caregiver participation is encouraged, but not required.
Meets every other week:
- Saturday Mornings, 9:30–11am
- In-person classes will meet all CDC guidelines for COVID-19 safety, with a limited number of children per classroom and masks for ages 2 and older.
Explora members* $140 per child per semester
Non-members $160 per child per semester
*Join & Save! Explora members get discounts on semester programs, camps, and admission all year!
Register now for Spring Semester 2022
2. Call the Reservations office at 505‐600-6734 or e‐mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Mail registration form with payment to: Explora Reservations Manager, 1701 Mountain Rd. NW, Albuquerque NM 87104
Explora’s Camps & Programs
- You can register online, by phone, or download and mail/fax the completed registration form.
- Please have the following available when you register: emergency contact name and phone numbers; name of alternate adults who can pick up the child; child’s medications, dosages, and physician’s name; child’s insurance information, as well as any allergy or special needs information for your child.
Call: 505-600-6734. Our reservations office is open Monday-Friday, 9am–5pm. Para español, llame al 505-224-8323, de lunes a viernes, 9am–5pm.
Mail: Explora Reservations 1701 Mountain Rd. NW Albuquerque, NM 87104
If a cancellation is received more than 5 business days before the camp, a refund will be issued for the amount minus a 15% administrative fee.
Cancellations received 5 business days or fewer before the camp will not be refunded.
Full fees will be refunded if Explora cancels a program
Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Spring 2022 Class Schedule
January 22 – April 30, 2022
Levers, Pulleys, and Ramps
Sat., Jan. 22
Sat., Feb. 5
Sat., Feb. 19
What's in a Fingerprint?
Sat., March 5
Explore your fingerprints and look at your hair under microscopes to find out what makes you unique. Be a forensic scientist as you investigate “who did it” by comparing the evidence!
Bodies in Motion
Sat., March 19
Chemistry of Clay
Sat., April 2
Use microscopes to examine and compare natural clay, polymer clay, and craft dough. Test each material's strength and stretchiness and invent your own playful putty to take home.
Sat., April 16
Become a scientific illustrator as you use grids, symmetry, and more to draw your favorite animals and plants. Investigate how science and art work together as you use magnifying glasses to examine insects and plants, and then use your powers of observation to inspire your illustrations.
Under the Sun
Sat., April 30
Test different sunscreens to find out which one is the best for blocking the effects of the sun. Test the effect of the sun on UV beads and create your own photographic image using sunlight.
Activities vary from semester to semester. For more information about this program please contact our Reservations office.
Para información en español, llame al 505-224-8323