Science to Grow On™
Science to Grow On™
For grades K-3, at Explora
Parent participation is welcome, but optional
Fall Semester: September 11–December 18, 2021
Grow your child’s love for science!
In Science to Grow On™, children make discoveries by questioning, experiencing, and investigating. Explora educators engage children and their adults in age-appropriate activities that incorporate science, art, and fun! Each session focuses on a different theme. Activities change each semester.
Meets every other week for 1½ hours.
Parent or adult caregiver participation is encouraged, but not required.
Meets every other week:
- Saturday Mornings, 9:30–11am
- In-person classes will meet all CDC guidelines for COVID-19 safety, with a limited number of children per classroom and masks for ages 2 and older.
Explora members* $140 per child per semester
Non-members $160 per child per semester
*Join & Save! Explora members get discounts on semester programs, camps, and admission all year!
Register now for Fall Semester 2021
2. Call the Reservations office at 505‐600-6734 or e‐mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Mail registration form with payment to: Explora Reservations Manager, 1701 Mountain Rd. NW, Albuquerque NM 87104
Explora’s Camps & Programs
- You can register online, by phone, or download and mail/fax the completed registration form.
- Please have the following available when you register: emergency contact name and phone numbers; name of alternate adults who can pick up the child; child’s medications, dosages, and physician’s name; child’s insurance information, as well as any allergy or special needs information for your child.
Call: 505-600-6734. Our reservations office is open Monday-Friday, 9am–5pm. Para español, llame al 505-224-8323, de lunes a viernes, 9am–5pm.
Mail: Explora Reservations 1701 Mountain Rd. NW Albuquerque, NM 87104
If a cancellation is received more than 5 business days before the camp, a refund will be issued for the amount minus a 15% administrative fee.
Cancellations received 5 business days or fewer before the camp will not be refunded.
Full fees will be refunded if Explora cancels a program
Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Fall 2021 Class Schedule
September 11–December 18, 2021
Sat., Sept. 11
Explore animal behavior and animal homes and build your own homey habitat for a critter.
Possibilities of Paper
Sat., Sept. 25
Make it, fold it, sculpt it, cut it, and recycle it! Test the strength of fibers and conduct other experiments using a variety of papers.
Go, Car, Go!
Sat., Oct. 9
Play with different ways to move objects from one place to another. Create simple machines to accomplish different challenges.
Sat., Oct. 23
Submerge yourself in the gooey world of viscous liquids and semi-solids as you experiment with density, fluidity, resistance and friction.
Sat., Nov. 6
Investigate the strength and height of various constructions. Build structures and bridge the gap between materials and design.
Sat., Nov. 20
Play and experiment with different light sources, shadow and color. Create colorful light creations that will astound and amaze.
What’s the Matter?
Sat., Dec. 4
Experiment with solids, liquids and gases as you learn about the different states of matter. Create a non-newtonian fluid to play with!
Sat., Dec. 18
Learn about microbes and create your own crafts as you experiment with different materials you can find in the bathroom.
Activities vary from semester to semester. For more information about this program please contact our Reservations office.
Para información en español, llame al 505-224-8323