For 3rd–5th graders, at Explora
Spring Semester: January 22 – April 30, 2022
Design, Engineer, Build!
In each class, Explora educators engage children in activities that use the engineering design process to solve a problem. Whether it’s building a suspension bridge or figuring out what gears are best to use on a bike, children will have fun designing and building, perhaps without even realizing they are honing their problem-solving skills and learning engineering and physics principles! Activities change each semester.
Meets every other week for 1½ hours.
Parent or adult caregiver participation is welcome but not required.
Meets every other week:
- Saturday Mornings, 9:30–11am
- In-person classes will meet all CDC guidelines for COVID-19 safety, with a limited number of children per classroom and masks for ages 2 and older.
Explora members* $140 per child per semester
Non-members $160 per child per semester
*Join & Save! Explora members get discounts on semester programs, camps, and admission all year!
Register now for Spring Semester 2022
2. Call the Reservations office at 505‐600-6734 or e‐mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Mail registration form with payment to: Explora Reservations Manager, 1701 Mountain Rd. NW, Albuquerque NM 87104
Explora’s Camps & Programs
- You can register online, by phone, or download and mail/fax the completed registration form.
- Please have the following available when you register: emergency contact name and phone numbers; name of alternate adults who can pick up the child; child’s medications, dosages, and physician’s name; child’s insurance information, as well as any allergy or special needs information for your child.
Call: 505-600-6734. Our reservations office is open Monday-Friday, 9am–5pm. Para español, llame al 505-600-6734, de lunes a viernes, 9am–5pm.
Mail: Explora Reservations 1701 Mountain Rd. NW Albuquerque, NM 87104
If a cancellation is received more than 5 business days before the camp, a refund will be issued for the amount minus a 15% administrative fee.
Cancellations received 5 business days or fewer before the camp will not be refunded.
Full fees will be refunded if Explora cancels a program
Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Spring 2022 Class Schedule
January 22 – April 30, 2022
Catch A Flight
Sat., Jan. 22
Sat., Feb. 5
Pigments Of Your Imagination
Sat., Feb. 19
In this session we will make our own set of paints using natural pigments. What materials change the consistency and vibrancy of the paint? How do your paints look on your handmade paper?
Out Of The Blue
Sat., March 5
Circuits and Bots
Sat., March 19
Connect your motor and watch your robot spin and jitter. How can you change your creation’s movement? Start to prepare your robot for the upcoming robot battle!
Sat., April 2
Sewn Circuits and E-Textiles
Sat., April 16
How can you combine an electrical circuit into a wearable piece of clothing? Dressed to the nines, let’s light up the room!
Music To your Ears
Sat., April 30
Using a Makey Makey® micro controller, experiment with engineering new ways to play a song with an instrument of your own creation. Let’s have a jam session using our newly crafted instruments to create a blend of wild sounds!
Activities vary from semester to semester. For more information about this program please contact our Reservations office.
Para información en español, llame al 505-224-8323