Engineering Investigators for grades 3-5
Rise to the engineering challenge!
Spring Semester 2018
January 13 – May 5, 2018
Explora members $140
SESSIONS MEET EVERY OTHER WEEK.
Register now for Spring Semester 2018
- Online: Select a session day and time to register online
2. Mail: Download, print, and mail registration form:
3. Call Reservations at 505-224-8341.
Spring 2018 Class Schedule:
January 13 – May 5, 2018
Week 1: Building Skyward
Saturday, January 13
We will start our semester tackling a construction challenge! How tall and strong can you make your skyscraper?
Week 2: Bridging the Gap
Saturday, January 27
Can you build a suspension bridge that will span between skyscrapers? Will it hold any weight?
Week 3: Pinhole Camera
Saturday, February 10
Using a container and light-sensitive paper, can you make a camera to take a picture?
Week 4: Electrician Engineering
Saturday, February 24
Can you wire your model house with switches, lights, and more?
Week 5: Moving Artwork
Saturday, March 10
Using balance and elements of design, construct a standing mobile. Now, how can you make it move?
Week 6: Get Your Motor Running
Saturday, March 24
How can make your electric car go the fastest? Will you use solar, electric, or wind energy?
Week 7: Rocky Road
Saturday, April 7
Traverse various surfaces with your motorized vehicle. How can you modify your car to navigate an off-roading trip?
Week 8: Grand Finale (Part I)
Saturday, April 21
Using concepts for the past seven weeks, begin to draft a final project and test your ideas.
Week 9: Grand Finale (Part II)
Saturday, May 5
This is what we’ve been working toward this semester. Let’s see what wild contraptions we can put together!
Class topics change each semester.
Reservations office: 505-224-8341
Para información en español, llame al 505-224-8323
Explora’s Clubs & Programs
Explora educators develop activities with children’s developmental levels in mind. Your children will have the opportunity to learn from, and work with older and younger peers and make new friends. Registration/Information
- You can register online, by phone, or download and mail/fax the completed registration form.
- Please have the following available when you register: emergency contact name and phone numbers; name of alternate adults who can pick up the child; child’s medications, dosages, and physician’s name; child’s insurance information, as well as any allergy or special needs information for your child.
Call: 505-224-8341. Our reservations office is open Monday-Friday, 9 am – 5 pm. Para español, llame al 505-224-8323, de lunes a viernes, 9 am – 5 pm. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mail: Explora Reservations 1701 Mountain Rd. NW Albuquerque, NM 87104 Fax: 505-224-8325 Cancelation policy
- If a cancelation is received at least 5 business days before the first class, a refund will be issued for the amount minus a 15% administration fee.
- Cancelations received fewer than 5 business days before the first class will not be refunded.
- Full fees will be refunded if Explora cancels a program.
Explora is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, and all purchases at our store are always tax-free. Proceeds from your purchases at Ideas, the store at Explora, help fund our programs and exhibits.