Engineering Investigators for grades 3-5
Rise to the engineering challenge!
Fall Semester 2018
August 25–December 15, 2018
Register for Fall Programs Today!
Explora members $140
SESSIONS MEET EVERY OTHER WEEK.
Register now for Fall Semester 2018
- Online: Select a session day and time to register online
2. Mail: Download, print, and mail registration form:
3. Call Reservations at 505-224-8341.
Fall 2018 Class Schedule:
August 27–December 15, 2018
Week 1: Trebuchet Basketball
Saturday, August 25
Using and modifying catapults, we will test our distance and accuracy to shoot some hoops! Who will make the first three-pointer?
Week 2: In Flight
Saturday, September 8
Soar through the air in a blast! Let’s build the fastest, farthest flying rocket we can! Up, up and away!
Week 3: Wind-Powered Cars
Saturday, September 22
Design a model car that can race across a room using only wind power! How can you build a sail that will catch the breeze and runwith it?
Week 4: Wiring a House
Saturday, October 6
After creating a model house, we will light it up with our own electrical circuits! How can you best light the rooms? How and where will the switches go?
Week 5: Arcade Engineering
Saturday, October 20
Let’s bring a new spin to arcade games! How can you best engineer your game to make it the most fun possible?
Week 6: Crack the Code
Saturday, November 3
Mysteries abound as we build puzzle cryptexes. Will you be able to solve the twists and turns in the puzzle in time?
Week 7: In Contrast – Chemistry, Light & Photos
Saturday, November 17
Using only photosensitive paper and light, can you expose a fantastic print? With light and shadow in mind, we will develop photograms using darkroom processes.
Week 8: Chain Reaction with Magnets
Saturday, December 1
Will your magnets attract or repel? Build a chain reaction track and see if your magnets will go all the way!
Week 9: Grand Finale
Saturday, December 15
This is what we’ve been working toward during the past eight weeks. Let’s see what crazy contraptions we can put together!
Class topics change each semester.
Reservations office: 505-224-8341
Para información en español, llame al 505-224-8323
Explora’s Clubs & Programs
Explora educators develop activities with children’s developmental levels in mind. Your children will have the opportunity to learn from, and work with older and younger peers and make new friends.
- You can register online, by phone, or download and mail/fax the completed registration form.
- Please have the following available when you register: emergency contact name and phone numbers; name of alternate adults who can pick up the child; child’s medications, dosages, and physician’s name; child’s insurance information, as well as any allergy or special needs information for your child.
Call: 505-224-8341. Our reservations office is open Monday-Friday, 9am–5pm. Para español, llame al 505-224-8323, de lunes a viernes, 9am–5pm.
Mail: Explora Reservations 1701 Mountain Rd. NW Albuquerque, NM 87104
- If a cancelation is received at least 5 business days before the first class, a refund will be issued for the amount minus a 15% administration fee.
- Cancelations received fewer than 5 business days before the first class will not be refunded.
- Full fees will be refunded if Explora cancels a program.
Explora is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, and all purchases at our store are always tax-free. Proceeds from your purchases at Ideas, the store at Explora, help fund our programs and exhibits.