Science to Grow On™ for grades K-3
Grow your love for Science!
Fall Semester 2018
August 25–December 15, 2018
Register for Fall Programs Today!
In Science to Grow On™, children make discoveries by questioning, experiencing, and investigating. Explora educators engage children and their adults in age-appropriate activities that incorporate science, art, and fun! Each session focuses on a different theme. Activities change each semester. Following the program, enjoy a snack.
Explora members $140 per child per semester
Non-members $160 per child per semester
SESSIONS MEETS EVERY OTHER WEEK.
Register now for Fall Semester 2018
- Online: Select a session day and time to register online
2. Mail: Download, print, and mail registration form:
3. Call Reservations at 505-224-8341.
Fall 2018 Class Schedule:
August 25–December 15, 2018
Flow with the Pressure
Saturday, August 25
Experiment with air flow as you make objects move, levitate, and fly. Craft a flying creation of your own to hone your skills.
Saturday, September 8
Explore animal behavior and animal homes and build your own homey habitat for a critter.
Saturday, September 22
Test your engineering skills and explore what materials make the best structures.Create your own container to safely transport an egg in an egg drop event.
Saturday, October 6
Play and experiment with different light sources, shadow and color. Create colorful light creations that will astound and amaze.
Go, Car, Go!
Saturday, October 20
Play with different ways to move objects from one place to another. Create simple machines to accomplish different challenges.
Chemistry is pHun!
Saturday, November 3
Explore acids, bases and chemical reactions. See pH indicators change color right before your eyes!
What’s the Matter?
Saturday, November 17
Experiment with solids, liquids and gases as you learn about the different states of matter. Create a non-newtonian fluid to play with!
Saturday, December 1
Submerge yourself in the gooey world of viscous liquids and semi-solids as you experiment with density, fluidity, resistance and friction.
Saturday, December 15
Learn about microbes and create your own crafts as you experiment with different materials you can find in the bathroom.
Class topics change each semester.
Reservations office: 505-224-8341
Para información en español, llame al 505-224-8323
Explora’s Clubs & Programs
Explora educators develop activities with children’s developmental levels in mind. Your children will have the opportunity to learn from, and work with older and younger peers and make new friends.
- You can register online, by phone, or download and mail/fax the completed registration form.
- Please have the following available when you register: emergency contact name and phone numbers; name of alternate adults who can pick up the child; child’s medications, dosages, and physician’s name; child’s insurance information, as well as any allergy or special needs information for your child.
Call: 505-224-8341. Our reservations office is open Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. Para español, llame al 505-224-8323, de lunes a viernes, 9am–5pm.
Mail: Explora Reservations 1701 Mountain Rd. NW Albuquerque, NM 87104
- If a cancelation is received at least 5 business days before the first class, a refund will be issued for the amount minus a 15% administration fee.
- Cancelations received fewer than 5 business days before the first class will not be refunded.
- Full fees will be refunded if Explora cancels a program.
Explora is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, and all purchases at our store are always tax-free. Proceeds from your purchases at Ideas, the store at Explora, help fund our programs and exhibits.