Science to Grow On™ for grades K-3
Grow your love for Science!
Spring Semester 2018
January 13 – May 5, 2018
In Science to Grow On™, children in K-3rd grade make discoveries by questioning, experiencing, and investigating. Experienced educators engage children and their adults in age-appropriate activities that incorporate science, art, and fun! Participation of parents or adult caregivers is encouraged, but not required. Following the program, enjoy a snack.
Explora members $140 per child per semester
Non-members $160 per child per semester
SESSIONS MEETS EVERY OTHER WEEK.
Register now for Spring Semester 2018:
- Online: Select a session day and time to register online
2. Mail: Download, print, and mail registration form:
3. Call Reservations at 505-224-8341.
Spring 2018 Class Schedule:
January 13 – May 5, 2018
Rolling Up and Down
Saturday, January 13
Put your engineering skills to work as you use different materials to make objects roll. Compare rolling systems, test different shapes and materials on a variety of surfaces, and explore friction.
Saturday, January 27
Patterns are all around us. We’ll study patterns and explore different ways to make and print our own patterns.
Saturday, February 10
Discover the properties of some amazing materials as we make our own slime, use heat to change materials, and much more.
You Won’t Believe Your Eyes
Saturday, February 24
Discover how straight lines can bend and how movies are made as you play with toys, and use art to investigate how optical illusions are made in your brain.
Saturday, March 10
Investigate the strength and height of various constructions. Build structures and bridge the gap between materials and design.
Saturday, March 24
Discover how super cool science is! Test a variety of substances and how they react to ice. Melt away any preconceived notions as we experiment with temperature, size, and shape—with shattering results!
Saturday, April 7
Use a variety of materials and solutions to experiment with bubble blowing. Make colorful bubble prints to take home.
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Saturday, April 21
Discover the origin of a plant by dissecting a seed and finding out what makes it grow. Investigate seeds, soils, and roots. Take your plantings home and watch them grow.
Sand, Silt, and Clay
Saturday, May 5
What is silt? What is sand? Use microscopes to look at sand from a variety of places and make your own sand. Explore the wonders of clay and make your own clay pot or sculpture to take home.
Class topics change each semester.
Reservations office: 505-224-8341
Para información en español, llame al 505-224-8323
Explora’s Clubs & Programs
Explora educators develop activities with children’s developmental levels in mind. Your children will have the opportunity to learn from, and work with older and younger peers and make new friends. Registration/Information
- You can register online, by phone, or download and mail/fax the completed registration form.
- Please have the following available when you register: emergency contact name and phone numbers; name of alternate adults who can pick up the child; child’s medications, dosages, and physician’s name; child’s insurance information, as well as any allergy or special needs information for your child.
Call: 505-224-8341. Our reservations office is open Monday-Friday, 9 am – 5 pm. Para español, llame al 505-224-8323, de lunes a viernes, 9 am – 5 pm. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mail: Explora Reservations 1701 Mountain Rd. NW Albuquerque, NM 87104 Fax: 505-224-8325 Cancelation policy
- If a cancelation is received at least 5 business days before the first class, a refund will be issued for the amount minus a 15% administration fee.
- Cancelations received fewer than 5 business days before the first class will not be refunded.
- Full fees will be refunded if Explora cancels a program.
Explora is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, and all purchases at our store are always tax-free. Proceeds from your purchases at Ideas, the store at Explora, help fund our programs and exhibits.