Explora will be closed to the public from Saturday, March 14 through April 15, 2020. Check back frequently for program status, which may change from hour to hour. Thanks for your patience and understanding as we work to protect one another and our community.
Explora estará cerrado al público del 14 de marzo al 15 de abril del 2020. Gracias por su paciencia y comprensión.
Youth Apprentice Program
Be inspired and empowered with Textiles! Become a Maker by designing your own clothes, creating flexible circuits, or experimenting with 3D printing and laser cutting fabric. Learn about their uses in different industries like medicine, computer science, fashion, and more. Meet local STEM professionals that use cool tools, unique fabrics, and useful skills!
Summer apprentice program for ages 12-15.
Learn the ins and outs of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) in a collaborative, inquiry-based environment. Explore STEM topics in depth, and put your understanding to the test through experimentation. Plus gain practice talking about science and your projects through interactions with visitors.
June 1-19 or July 6-24
Monday – Friday, 8:45 am – 4:00 pm
The fee for the three-week program is $597 for non-members, $525 for Explora members. Financial assistance may be available. Please call 224-8312 to discuss options.
Optional before care and after care are available from 8 am – class start and 4-5:30 pm each day for $5 per child, per morning or $10 per child, per afternoon.
- Apprentices should have an interest in science, engineering, and/or math and will be expected to attend the majority of classes as activities will build on each other.
- Submit an application, spaces will be filled based on interest in STEM and the ability to fully participate for the entire program.
- Apprentices must bring their own lunch each day.
Youth Apprentices can expect to:
- Enhance your understanding of STEM through project-based explorations.
- Discover what it means to be a scientist or an engineer through field trips.
- Develop job skills like critical thinking, collaboration, and problem-solving through project-based learning and other experiential activities.