- Explora is not open to the public, per the Governor’s public health order.
- Phase One re-opening of Explora began with the return of Explora Summer Camps. Virtual camps began May 26, and in-person summer camps began on June 15. Both run through August 7. To register please visit: https://www.explora.us/en/educational-programs/camps/
- There is no date for Phase Two: re-opening for general admission, per the Governor’s public health order. Visit our social media channels for updates and continued STEAM programming: Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter.
- Explora no está abierto al público, según la orden de salud pública de la Gobernadora.
- La reapertura de la Fase Uno de Explora comenzó con el regreso de los Campamentos de Verano Explora. Los campamentos virtuales comenzaron el 26 de Mayo, y los campamentos de verano en persona comenzaron el 15 de Junio. Ambos se extenderán hasta el 7 de Agosto. Para registrarse, visite: https://www.explora.us/en/educational-programs/camps/
- En este momento, no hay fecha para la Fase Dos: reapertura para admisión general, según la orden de salud pública de la Gobernadora. Visite nuestros canales de redes sociales para actualizaciones y programación continua de STEAM: Facebook, Instagram y Twitter.
Youth Apprentice Program
Be inspired and empowered with Textiles! Become a Maker by designing your own clothes, creating flexible circuits, or experimenting with 3D printing and laser cutting fabric. Learn about their uses in different industries like medicine, computer science, fashion, and more. Meet local STEM professionals that use cool tools, unique fabrics, and useful skills!
Summer apprentice program for ages 12-15.
Learn the ins and outs of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) in a collaborative, inquiry-based environment. Explore STEM topics in depth, and put your understanding to the test through experimentation. Plus gain practice talking about science and your projects through interactions with visitors.
June 1-19 or July 6-24
Monday – Friday, 8:45 am – 4:00 pm
The fee for the three-week program is $597 for non-members, $525 for Explora members. Financial assistance may be available. Please call 224-8312 to discuss options.
Optional before care and after care are available from 8 am – class start and 4-5:30 pm each day for $5 per child, per morning or $10 per child, per afternoon.
- Apprentices should have an interest in science, engineering, and/or math and will be expected to attend the majority of classes as activities will build on each other.
- Submit an application, spaces will be filled based on interest in STEM and the ability to fully participate for the entire program.
- Apprentices must bring their own lunch each day.
Youth Apprentices can expect to:
- Enhance your understanding of STEM through project-based explorations.
- Discover what it means to be a scientist or an engineer through field trips.
- Develop job skills like critical thinking, collaboration, and problem-solving through project-based learning and other experiential activities.