Youth Apprentice Program
Applications for Summer 2020 will be available starting in February.
Be inspired and empowered! Become a Maker, not just a user. Learn about different types of engineering and technology. Learn to use some really cool tools. Create solutions to real-world problems. Meet a variety of STEM professionals, including people who solve problems for a living!
Summer apprentice program for ages 12-15.
Learn the ins and outs of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) in a collaborative, inquiry-based environment. Explore STEM topics in depth, and put your understanding to the test through experimentation. Plus, learn facilitation skills through practice in summer camps.
June 1-19 or July 6-24
Monday – Friday, 8:45 am – 4:00 pm
The fee for the three-week program is $597 for non-members, $525 for Explora members. Financial assistance may be available. Please call 224-8312 to discuss options.
Optional before care and after care are available from 8 am – class start and 4-5:30 pm each day for $5 per child per morning or afternoon.
- Apprentices should have an interest in science, engineering, and/or math and will be expected to attend the majority of classes as activities will build on each other.
- After application, there will be an interview. After interview, registration will be completed.
- Apprentices must bring their own lunch each day.
Youth Apprentices can expect to:
- Enhance your understanding of STEM through project-based explorations.
- Discover what it means to be a scientist or an engineer through field trips.
- Develop job skills like critical thinking, collaboration, and problem-solving through project-based learning and other experiential activities.