Youth Apprentice Program
Applications for Summer 2020 will be available starting in February.
Be inspired and empowered! Become a Maker, not just a user. Learn about different types of engineering and technology. Learn to use some really cool tools. Create solutions to real-world problems. Meet a variety of STEM professionals, including people who solve problems for a living!
Summer apprentice program for ages 12-15.
Learn the ins and outs of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) in a collaborative, inquiry-based environment. Explore STEM topics in depth, and put your understanding to the test through experimentation. Plus, learn facilitation skills through practice in summer camps.
June 10-28 or July 8-26
Monday – Friday, 8:45 am – 4:00 pm
The fee for the three-week program is $597 for non-members, $525 for Explora members. Financial assistance may be available. Please call 224-8312 to discuss options.
Optional before care and after care are available from 8 am – class start and 4-5:30 pm each day for $5 per child per morning or afternoon.
- Apprentices should have an interest in science, engineering, and/or math and will be expected to attend the majority of classes as activities will build on each other.
- After application, there will be an interview. After interview, registration will be completed.
- Apprentices must bring their own lunch each day.
Youth Apprentices can expect to:
- Enhance your understanding of STEM through project-based explorations.
- Discover what it means to be a scientist or an engineer through field trips.
- Develop job skills like critical thinking, collaboration, and problem-solving through project-based learning and other experiential activities.
The Youth Apprentice Program is full. Thank you for your interest.
Use the contact form below to receive more information about the Youth Apprentice Program.
Explora is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, and all purchases at our store are always tax-free.
Proceeds from your purchases at Ideas, the store at Explora, help fund our programs and exhibits.