2019 Summer Camp for Grades 9-12
Week 4: June 24-28
The following camps are for children who have completed grades 9, 10, 11, or 12.
6th-12th – The Great Explora Bake-Off: Throughout the week you will learn new skills in chemistry, calculating, baking, and building. Then use your skills to participate in a final bake-off challenge! What can you create?
Week 8: July 29-August 2
The following camps are for children who have completed grades 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, or 12.
6th-12th – Creative Woodworking: Learn the basics of working with wood. Use traditional hand tools, such as chisels, saws, carving tools, and planes. Explore basic woodturning techniques on a lathe. Make projects designed to develop an understanding of the nature of wood and the skills for safe and effective shaping technique.
Computer Game Programming
Computer Game Programming camp is for students who have completed grades 9, 10, 11, and 12.
June 4-8 (Camp closed)
All-Day Camp (9am-4pm) – 5 full days:
$260 Explora members • $300 Non-members
Learn from the pros! This full-day lab is taught by programmers from Sandia National Laboratories. Video game designers use all of the essentials of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) along with the Arts. Use the same tools adopted by professionals as you apply basic physics and computer science, combined with visual design and storytelling, to invent and build your own computer game.
Register online, download & mail a form, or call 505-224-8341.
Financial assistance may be available for your camp registration fee.
Call 505-224-8341 for more information.
- Drop Off: Anytime between 8:45-9am.
- Before care: (Extra option), beginning at 8am.
- Activities: Classroom activities as described, plus exhibit exploration.
- Food: Please pack morning & afternoon peanut-free snacks and lunch as appropriate.
- Break time: Outside on the Explora playground, weather permitting.
- Pick-up: 12pm for morning camp and 4 pm afternoon or full day camp. Adults will be asked to show photo ID at pick-up.
- After care: (Extra option) for K-8, 4-5:30pm.
Explora educators develop camp activities with children’s developmental levels in mind. Your children will have the opportunity to learn from, and work with older and younger peers and make new friends.
Summer Camp Fees
Half Day Camps
- $130 per week for Explora members
- $150 per week for non-members
Full Day Camps
- $260 per week for Explora members
- $300 per week for non-members
- Some camps have greater costs due to materials.
- All campers must be able to use the restroom on their own.
- Please have the following available when you register: emergency contact name and phone numbers; name of alternate adults who can pick up the child; child’s medications, dosages, and physician’s name; child’s insurance information, as well as any allergy or special needs information for your child.
Para español, llame al 505-224-8323, de lunes a viernes, 9am-5pm.
If a cancellation is received more than 5 business days before the camp, a refund will be issued for the amount minus a 15% administrative fee.
Cancellations received 5 business days or fewer before the camp will not be refunded.
Full fees will be refunded if Explora cancels a program
Explora is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, and all purchases at our store are always tax-free.
Proceeds from your purchases at Ideas, the store at Explora, help fund our programs and exhibits.