- Explora is not open to the public, per the Governor’s public health order.
- Phase One re-opening of Explora began with the return of Explora Summer Camps. Virtual camps began May 26, and in-person summer camps began on June 15. Both run through August 7. To register please visit: https://www.explora.us/en/educational-programs/camps/
- There is no date for Phase Two: re-opening for general admission, per the Governor’s public health order. Visit our social media channels for updates and continued STEAM programming: Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter.
- Explora no está abierto al público, según la orden de salud pública de la Gobernadora.
- La reapertura de la Fase Uno de Explora comenzó con el regreso de los Campamentos de Verano Explora. Los campamentos virtuales comenzaron el 26 de Mayo, y los campamentos de verano en persona comenzaron el 15 de Junio. Ambos se extenderán hasta el 7 de Agosto. Para registrarse, visite: https://www.explora.us/en/educational-programs/camps/
- En este momento, no hay fecha para la Fase Dos: reapertura para admisión general, según la orden de salud pública de la Gobernadora. Visite nuestros canales de redes sociales para actualizaciones y programación continua de STEAM: Facebook, Instagram y Twitter.
Teacher’s Fall Field Trips Special! Pass it on!
Save $1 Per Student!
Bring your classroom to Explora in September, October, or November 2018 for a Classroom & Exhibit Exploration Package.
(Special price of $8 per student, regularly $9)
Call 505-224-8341 now to reserve your date! Offer Expires November 30, 2018
We look forward to hosting your class to inspire, engage, and empower learning.
Reservations are required for group visits of 12 or more people. Reservations are held with a signed reservation/invoice form from the group leader. Final payment may be made on the day of your visit by credit card, check, cash or purchase order. One adult chaperone is required for every 6 students.
Exhibit and Classroom Programs:
- Classroom & Exhibit Exploration Package
$9.00 per student
$4.00 per chaperone
- Exhibit Exploration (2 hours)
$6.00 per student or chaperone
- Classroom Exploration (1 hour)
$5.00 per student
- Exhibit Exploration (1 hour)
$4.00 per student or chaperone
Adult chaperones are welcome to use their Explora membership for their own field trip admission. Payment for participating students and non-member adults is required and defrays program expenses.
What does Explora offer for Field Trips and Group visits?
Bring your group to explore our hands-on exhibit activities. Investigate gravity, water, light, air, numbers, sound, electricity, and more during a one- or two-hour exhibit exploration facilitated by Explora educators. You can also book a Classroom Exploration as an add-on for your field trip.
Classroom Explorations are one-hour, experiential programs facilitated by Explora educators. Using an inquiry approach to learning, Explora educators involve every student in active exploration of physical materials. Our Classroom Explorations are benchmarked to the New Mexico State Standards. A full list of Classroom Programs can be found in Explora’s Educational Programs Guide.
Programs in Spanish
Explora can provide Exhibit Explorations, Classroom Explorations, and Outreach Programs in Spanish. Please be sure to make schedule all programs in Spanish at least three weeks in advance. Call 505-224-8323.
Looking for a custom program? Explora can tailor a program for the specific needs of your group. Call 505-224-8341 to get started.
Making a Reservation:
- Use Explora’s Educational Programs Guide to select a program.
- Decide on possible dates. Spring is our busiest season; we suggest you book early or choose fall or winter dates.
- Contact Reservations at 505-224-8341. Let us know at this time about any special needs.
- A reservation invoice form and policies will be faxed or emailed to you.
- Please read the form carefully. Sign and return the form within 7 days to hold the reservation.
- Payment must be made on or before the day of your visit by credit card, check, cash, or purchase order.
Rescheduling or Canceling:
Because Explora reserves space and an educator for your group, these policies apply:
More than 5 business days before visit – no fee.
5 business days or fewer before visit – 15% booking fee.
More than 5 business days before visit – 15% booking fee.
5 business days or fewer before visit – 50% booking fee.
The full amount will be charged.
Explora is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, and all purchases at our store are always tax-free. Proceeds from your purchases at Ideas, the store at Explora, help fund our programs and exhibits.