- Explora is not open to the public, per the Governor’s public health order.
- Phase One re-opening of Explora began with the return of Explora Summer Camps. Virtual camps began May 26, and in-person summer camps began on June 15. Both run through August 7. To register please visit: https://www.explora.us/en/educational-programs/camps/
- There is no date for Phase Two: re-opening for general admission, per the Governor’s public health order. Visit our social media channels for updates and continued STEAM programming: Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter.
- Explora no está abierto al público, según la orden de salud pública de la Gobernadora.
- La reapertura de la Fase Uno de Explora comenzó con el regreso de los Campamentos de Verano Explora. Los campamentos virtuales comenzaron el 26 de Mayo, y los campamentos de verano en persona comenzaron el 15 de Junio. Ambos se extenderán hasta el 7 de Agosto. Para registrarse, visite: https://www.explora.us/en/educational-programs/camps/
- En este momento, no hay fecha para la Fase Dos: reapertura para admisión general, según la orden de salud pública de la Gobernadora. Visite nuestros canales de redes sociales para actualizaciones y programación continua de STEAM: Facebook, Instagram y Twitter.
Mission and Values
Explora: creating opportunities for inspirational discovery and the joy of lifelong learning through interactive experiences in science, technology, engineering, art, and math.
Explora’s Core Values
January 10, 2019
We advocate for self-directed, hands-on experiential learning as a foundation for innovation, creativity, and critical thinking.
- Lifelong learning is inherently valuable and essential for growth.
- Everyone has something to learn and something to teach.
- Challenge and persistence are core to learning, and questions are often the best answers.
- Learning can be difficult and uncomfortable; we strive to be open to the opportunity.
- Family, caregivers, and peers are essential partners in learning.
We celebrate the diversity of the community in which we live and grow, and we create environments where all community members are welcomed and valued.
- We are strengthened through the diversity of our staff, visitors, and board.
- Our resources are available to everyone.
- We welcome others to our table, join them at theirs, and work together toward common goals.
- Our essential value derives from our relevance to our communities.
We practice and cultivate generosity through listening, respect, and the sharing of time, ideas, and resources.
- We engage in tangible actions to support the community and each other.
- We act in good faith, and we assume good intentions.
- Active listening enables us to nurture relationships and help people find their voice.
- We embrace diverse perspectives in pursuit of shared aspirations.
Organizational health enables us to act boldly for the long-term benefit of Explora, our community, and our partners.
- Our staff and volunteers are our greatest resource, and we invest in their growth and development.
- Financial health allows us to pursue new ideas and be responsive to the needs of our community.
- We use our unique expertise in the development of programs, exhibits, and environments in order to remain valuable and relevant.
- Partnerships are essential, and many goals are best pursued with and through others.
- Our responsible business practices recognize environmental stewardship as an essential component of our decision-making process.
Explora is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, and all purchases at our store are always tax-free.
Proceeds from your purchases at Ideas, the store at Explora, help fund our programs and exhibits.