Engineering Investigators for grades 3-5
Design, Engineer, Build!
Spring Semester 2020
January 18–May 9, 2020
Non-members $160 per child per semester
- Saturday morning, 9:30–11am
SESSIONS MEET EVERY OTHER WEEK.
Register now for Spring Semester 2020
- Online: Select a session day to register online
We’ve updated our online registration! You may be asked to provide a new password when you login.
2. Mail: Download, print, and mail registration form:
3. Call Reservations at 505-224-8341.
Spring 2020 Class Schedule
January 18–May 9, 2020
Play by Ear
Saturday, January 18
Explore pitch and volume as we make a cacophony of sounds with different materials. Join a jam session after we make our own instruments. It’s music to our ears!
Out of Print
Saturday, February 1
Experiment with printmaking in new ways. How will a variety of materials make an array of new designs? What will you make with a splash of ink and new ideas? Your creations can be quite impressive!
Saturday, February 15
Take a fresh look in the mirror as we delve into reflections and the resulting images. Where does symmetry occur in the world around us? Where can we find natural reflections? What will you see?
Under the Microscope (Part 1)
Saturday, February 29
Let’s bring a whole new world into focus as we peer into microcosms. A sample of sand becomes a whole world under the lens. What microscopic wonders will you discover?
Under the Microscope (Part 2)
Saturday, March 14
We’ll create our own slides and use a microscope to investigate plant cells and microscopic creatures. We will even take a close-up look at our own fingerprints, DNA and more!
Saturday, March 28
Take a second look at what we throw away and study the decomposers who help our world. How can we turn trash into useful treasures?
Polymer Lab, Slime Time
Saturday, April 11
What are polymers? How do we use them every day? Learn about these materials and their properties as we design different slimes. Slippery, shiny, foamy, stretch, or sticky? It is up to you!
Saturday, April 25
Zap! Explore the shocking powers of static electricity. How do we encounter it in our lives? What can you engineer to further explore this phenomenon?
Chain Reaction, Energy Transformers
Saturday, May 9
We conclude our spring semester studying and playing with forms of energy and how they can transfer. How can you form a chain reaction with different types of energy?
Explora’s Camps & Programs
Explora educators develop activities with children’s developmental levels in mind. Your children will have the opportunity to learn from, and work with older and younger peers and make new friends.
- You can register online, by phone, or download and mail/fax the completed registration form.
- Please have the following available when you register: emergency contact name and phone numbers; name of alternate adults who can pick up the child; child’s medications, dosages, and physician’s name; child’s insurance information, as well as any allergy or special needs information for your child.
Call: 505-224-8341. Our reservations office is open Monday-Friday, 9am–5pm. Para español, llame al 505-224-8323, de lunes a viernes, 9am–5pm.
Mail: Explora Reservations 1701 Mountain Rd. NW Albuquerque, NM 87104
- If a cancellation is received more than 5 business days before the first class, a refund will be issued for the amount minus a 15% administrative fee.
- Cancellations received 5 business days or fewer before the first class will not be refunded.
- Full fees will be refunded if Explora cancels a program.