Tinker Lab for grades 3-6
Build experiences and skills in technology, engineering, science, and math.
Fall Semester 2018
September 12–December 5, 2018
Register for Fall Programs starting June 1, 2018.
In Tinker Lab, you can join the maker movement with a variety of making and tinkering challenges. Children develop and build problem-solving and engineering skills as they explore different aspects of technology that include circuits and electronics, computer programming, robotics, microcontrollers, automation, and more. Tinker challenges change each semester.
Explora members $195 per child per semester
Non-members $230 per child per semester
SESSIONS MEET EVERY WEDNESDAY.
Register June 1, 2018 for Fall Semester 2018
- Online: Select a session day and time to register online
2. Mail: Download, print, and mail registration form:
3. Call Reservations at 505-224-8341.
Tinker Lab after-school club for grades 3-6 offers opportunities to build experiences and skills in technology, engineering, science, and math.
Each semester, students will engage with different design challenges. This semester:
- Develop and design your own wearable technology!
- Explore the science of gears and build your own electric vehicles.
- Learn all about puzzles and make your own puzzles.
- Work with microcontrollers to create your own apps.
Tinker Lab design challenges change each semester.
Explora’s Clubs & Programs
Explora educators develop activities with children’s developmental levels in mind. Your children will have the opportunity to learn from, and work with older and younger peers and make new friends.
- You can register online, by phone, or download and mail/fax the completed registration form.
- Please have the following available when you register: emergency contact name and phone numbers; name of alternate adults who can pick up the child; child’s medications, dosages, and physician’s name; child’s insurance information, as well as any allergy or special needs information for your child.
Call: 505-224-8341. Our reservations office is open Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. Para español, llame al 505-224-8323, de lunes a viernes, 9am-5pm.
Mail: Explora Reservations, 1701 Mountain Rd. NW, Albuquerque, NM 87104
- If a cancelation is received at least 5 business days before the first class, a refund will be issued for the amount minus a 15% administration fee.
- Cancelations received fewer than 5 business days before the first class will not be refunded.
- Full fees will be refunded if Explora cancels a program.
Explora is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, and all purchases at our store are always tax-free.
Proceeds from your purchases at Ideas, the store at Explora, help fund our programs and exhibits.