2017 Summer Camp for Grades 9-12
Computer Game Programming
Computer Game Programming camp is for students who have completed grades 9-12.
The Week of June 26-30
All Day Camp (9am-4pm)
Learn from the pros! This full-day lab is taught by Sandia National Lab programmers! Video games, one of the fastest growing media industries, applies all of the essentials of STEM education (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) with the Arts. Learn how to apply knowledge of basic physics and computer science, along with visual design and storytelling, toward building your own two-dimensional computer game using the same tools adopted by professionals.
Registration is now open.
Learn about the
2017 Summer Youth Apprentice Program
All-Day Camp – 5 full days: $260 Explora members • $300 Non-members
Financial assistance may be available for your camp registration fee.
Call 505-224-8341 for more information.
Register online, download & mail a form, or call 505-224-8341.
- Drop Off: Anytime between 8:45-9 am.
- Before care: (Extra option), beginning at 8 am.
- Activities: Classroom activities as described, plus exhibit exploration.
- Food: Please pack morning & afternoon snacks and lunch as appropriate.
- Break time: Outside on the Explora playground, weather permitting.
- Pick-up: 12 pm for morning camp and 4 pm afternoon or full day camp. Adults will be asked to show photo ID at pick-up.
- After care: (Extra option) for K-8, 4-5:30 pm.
Explora educators develop camp activities with children’s developmental levels in mind. Your children will have the opportunity to learn from, and work with older and younger peers and make new friends.
Half Day Camps
- $130 for Explora members
- $150 for non-members
Full Day Camps
- $260 for Explora members
- $300 for non-members
- Some camps have greater costs due to materials
- All campers must be able to use the restroom on their own.
- Please have the following available when you register: emergency contact name and phone numbers; name of alternate adults who can pick up the child; child’s medications, dosages, and physician’s name; child’s insurance information, as well as any allergy or special needs information for your child.
- Click above to register online or call 505-224-8341.
Our reservations office is open Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. Questions may also be emailed to email@example.com
- Para español, llame al 505-224-8323, de lunes a viernes, 9am-5pm.
- If a cancelation is received at least 5 business days before the camp, a refund will be issued for the amount minus a 15% administration fee.
- Cancelations received fewer than 5 business days before the camp will not be refunded.
- Full fees will be refunded if Explora cancels a program.
Explora is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, and all purchases at our store are always tax-free.
Proceeds from your purchases at Ideas, the store at Explora, help fund our programs and exhibits.