Scouts and Explora
Girl Scouts Night at Explora
Saturday, April 8, 6-9pm
Explore the wonders of science at an event just for Girl Scouts and their friends, at Explora in Albuquerque. Explore all of the exhibits plus we’ll have two additional labs full of science activities. Enjoy pizza and get a patch for joining us in this Night of Science EXPLORA-tions! $30 for Girl Scout Members: Scouts, Daisy, Junior, Cadette, Senior, and Ambassador levels. Registration required by March 28 by contacting Girl Scouts: 505-343-1040, fax 343-1050, email email@example.com, or visit www.nmgirlscouts.org– see programs and events.
For Girl Scouts
Earn credits towards badges with Explora’s Classroom Explorations
Badge – exploration
Inventor – On a Roll
Home Scientist – Chemical Changes, Density Liquid Layers, Shocking Discoveries
Enhance Your Journey: Water – Wonderful Water, Water Filtration, Water on the Move
Badge – exploration
Playing the Part – Be a Mad Hatter
Gardener – Ecology of the Forest, Discover the Wonders of Nature
Earn a Patch
Complete a scavenger hunt during your Explora visit. Ask for the scavenger hunt form at our admissions desk, or download it here.
For Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts
- Plan a “Scout Day” at Explora. Our staff is happy to help.
- Schedule a Guided Group Tour and/or an educational activity (Classroom Exploration) during your visit. Our staff can work with your troop in advance to plan activities to help them earn a patch or badge.
- Explora “Scout Days” offer scouts in uniform reduced admission prices!
- Enjoy an Explora educational activity at your location! Through our Outreach Programs, Our educators can bring fun, hands-on learning to your meeting place, community center, school, etc.
- Planning a special event or celebration? Your group can rent all or part of Explora for special events, such as a holiday outing or meeting. Visit our Facility Rentals web page.
- We have birthdays down to a science! Let us host yours. We have Birthday Party Packages for all ages.
- Visit during a PoP: Meet a Scientist event to meet local scientists or engineers and learn about their work.
Please contact Explora Reservations at 505-224-8341 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on any of these options.
Mon-Sat: 10 am – 6 pm Sun: 12 pm – 6 pm
Closed on Jan. 1, July 4, the week after Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Dec. 25. We close at 2 pm on Dec. 24 and 31.
1701 Mountain Road NW
Albuquerque, NM 87104
Explora Members: Free
Children (under age 1): Free
Children (ages 1-11): $4
Adults (ages 12-64): $8
Seniors (age 65+, with ID): $5
Students or Military (with ID): $5
Groups: Reservations Required
Please contact us if you require special assistance.
Explora is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, and all purchases at our store are always tax-free.
Proceeds from your purchases at Ideas, the store at Explora, help fund our programs and exhibits.