Are you a college student looking for a summer internship?
- EXPLORA-tions camps for children with autism spectrum disorder and their same-age peers.
- Outreach to libraries, community centers, and schools.
- Summer camps.
- Youth Apprentice Program for middle school students.
- Facilitation of group visits on the exhibit floor for summer camps and groups who visit Explora.
Become a part of the Explora community!
Looking for a great opportunity to help your community, share your talent, and meet new people? Explora could be the place for you. We always need volunteers to help encourage exhibit exploration, engage in programs, assist in exhibit preparation, guide visitors, assist at events, and more.
As an Explora volunteer you’ll participate in:
- An engaging environment
- Training and mentoring
- Events and programs
New Volunteer Orientation
- Need to be 14 years of age or older.
- Participate in an orientation/workshop prior to volunteering (offered in January, May and September.)
- Volunteers typically work 2-4 hours per week.
- No science, technology or art background needed.
Service Learning and Community participation programs are welcome.
For more information you may use the contact form, call 505-224-8362, or send an email to our Volunteer Coordinator.
Learn more about Explora's volunteer program.
Mon-Sat: 10 am – 6 pm Sun: 12 pm – 6 pm
Closed on Jan. 1, July 4, the week after Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Dec. 25. We close at 2 pm on Dec. 24 and 31.
1701 Mountain Road NW
Albuquerque, NM 87104
Explora Members: Free
Children (under age 1): Free
Children (ages 1-11): $4
Adults (ages 12-64): $8
Seniors (age 65+, with ID): $5
Students or Military (with ID): $5
Groups: Reservations Required
Please contact us if you require special assistance.
Explora is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, and all purchases at our store are always tax-free.
Proceeds from your purchases at Ideas, the store at Explora, help fund our programs and exhibits.