Early Childhood Teacher & Provider Workshops
Motivate and excite student learning!
Get ideas on how to integrate science, math, art, and literacy into your classroom. Facilitated by State-approved Early Childhood Trainers, these workshops are designed to inspire confidence in exploring science topics in the early childhood classroom and provide participants with a Continuing Education Certificate for 2 competency hours.
Competency 1: Child Growth, Development & Learning
Competency 5: Learning Environment & Curriculum Implementation
(You may choose one, or split the time among competencies.)
Choose your Workshop
Saturday, January 21, 2017 – 1-3pm
Get it to Balance
Tuesday, April 11, 2017 – 5-7pm
The World of Plants
In addition, these workshops specifically address the following NM Early Learning Guidelines:
- 6.1 Encourage child to converse effectively in his or her home language…. For a variety of purposes relating to real experiences and different audiences.
- 6.3 Child engages in conversations that develop a thought or idea.
- 12.2 Child collects, organizes and begins to represent in some way information about self, surroundings and meaningful experiences.
- 14.1 through 4 The child uses the scientific method to investigate the physical and natural worlds and to hypothesize and make predictions.
- 20 The child plays and works cooperatively with other children and adults.
- 23.2. Child shows interest in exploring the environment, learning new things and trying new experiences.
- 27 Child displays persistent and pursues challenges.
- 28 Child uses problemsolving skills.
Mon-Sat: 10 am – 6 pm Sun: 12 pm – 6 pm
Closed on Jan. 1, July 4, the week after Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Dec. 25. We close at 2 pm on Dec. 24 and 31.
1701 Mountain Road NW
Albuquerque, NM 87104
Explora Members: Free
Children (under age 1): Free
Children (ages 1-11): $4
Adults (ages 12-64): $8
Seniors (age 65+, with ID): $5
Students or Military (with ID): $5
Groups: Reservations Required
Please contact us if you require special assistance.
Explora is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, and all purchases at our store are always tax-free.
Proceeds from your purchases at Ideas, the store at Explora, help fund our programs and exhibits.