What Does Explora Offer?
We will come to your door! Most of our Classroom Explorations and Educational Theater Programs can be brought directly to your classroom, library or community center. In addition, Explora offers Assembly Programs for large groups of up to 125 students, and Family Science Events specifically designed for fairs, festivals and other special events. For more information view our Guide to Educational Programs.
Programs in Spanish
Explora can provide Exhibit Explorations, Classroom Explorations and Outreach Programs in Spanish. Please make your reservation at least three weeks in advance. Call (505) 224-8323 for more information.
Programs must be reserved and paid for at least two weeks (10 business days) in advance. Reservations are confirmed only after Explora has received payment.
For locations beyond 30 miles from Albuquerque, a transportation fee will be added. For locations requiring an overnight stay, a lodging fee will be added.
- Classroom Exploration (1 hour)
Maximum 30 people: $ 156.00
- Additional Same Exploration (1 hour)
Maximum 30 people: $ 132.00
- Science Fair Workshop (three 1-hour sessions)
Maximum 30 people: $ 465.00
- Assembly Program (1 hour)
Maximum 125 people: $ 315.00
An Explora educator will present science demonstrations or a theater program for your large audience. For science demonstrations, choose two of the following topics:
- Fizzing and Foaming: Colorful Chemistry
- Shocking Electricity (requires ability to darken room)
- Super Cold: Liquid Nitrogen and the States of Matter
- The Science of Sound
- Additional Same Assembly Program (1 hour)
Maximum 125 people: $ 285.00
- Family Science Event (2 hours) $ 440.00
Exciting science activities and tabletop exhibits designed for a festival or open house setting.
- Additional Hour at Family Science Event $ 190.00
Making a Reservation:
- Use Explora’s Guide to Educational Programs to select a program.
- Decide on possible dates. Spring is our busiest season; we suggest you book early or choose some Fall dates.
- Contact Reservations at (505) 224-8341. Let us know at this time about any special needs.
- When payment is received, a confirmation letter will be sent to you.
- Please note: If payment is not received 15 days prior to your visit, your reservation will be canceled.
Rescheduling or Canceling a visit:
Programs may be rescheduled up to 5 business days prior to the scheduled date for no additional fee.
A 15% booking fee applies to:
- Programs rescheduled fewer than 5 business days in advance.
- Cancelations requested at least 5 business days prior to the scheduled program.
- No shows or cancelations made fewer than 5 business days in advance will be billed the full amount.
- For more information view our Guide to Educational Programs.