Explora offers 207 interactive Explorations programs, benchmarked to the New Mexico State Educational Standards, to schools, home schools, and educational groups. These programs are also offered for adults and seniors.
Over 69,000 people in more than 2,200 programs from all 33 New Mexico counties and from the surrounding states have attended programs, either at Explora or in their own communities.
Programs are offered in both English and Spanish and are offered for adults as well as young people.
Educational Programs for Groups
Bring your group to explore our hands-on exhibit activities. Investigate gravity, water, light, air, numbers, sound, electricity, and more during a one- or two- hour visit facilitated by Explora educators. You can also schedule a Classroom Exploration for your group. Learn more
We will come to your door! Most of our Classroom Explorations and Educational Theater Programs can be brought directly to your classroom, library or community center. In addition, Explora offers Assembly Programs for large groups of up to 125 students, and Family Science Events specifically designed for fairs, festivals and other special events. Learn more
Our on-site and outreach workshops immerse participants in thought-provoking, science-rich experiences that equip educators with resources and teaching strategies. Learn more. Learn more
Educational Programs for Individuals
Camps During School Break
Ignite your child’s learning with a camp offered during school break. Spring and winter break camps are one-day camps and summer break camps are week-long. View Camps page for schedules. Learn more
Explora offers educational programs during each semester:
- Growing a Scientist™: Preschoolers ages 2½ to 5 and their adult companions make discoveries about science by questioning, experiencing, and investigating. Learn more
- Science to Grow On™: Children in K-3rd grade make discoveries by questioning, experiencing, and investigating. Learn more
- Engineering Investigators: 3rd-5th graders investigate how things move and use that knowledge to build a series of connected actions. Learn more
- Tinker Lab: 3rd-7th graders explore construction, materials development, electronics principles, and robotics systems and design in this after-school robotics club. Learn more
- Home School Explorations: Home school students in grades K-8 will enjoy from a semester of weekly experiential science, technology, and art programs. Learn more
Youth Apprentice Program
Learn the ins and outs of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) in a collaborative, inquiry-based environment. Explore STEM topics in depth, and put your understanding to the test through experimentation. Plus, learn facilitation skills through practice in summer camps. Learn more
Youth Intern Program
Explora’s Youth Intern Program involves high school students in a three-year internship during which they experience an engaging approach to learning and become educators in their community. Learn more
Mon-Sat: 10 am – 6 pm Sun: 12 pm – 6 pm
Closed on Jan. 1, July 4, the week after Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Dec. 25. We close at 2 pm on Dec. 24 and 31.
1701 Mountain Road NW
Albuquerque, NM 87104
Explora Members: Free
Children (under age 1): Free
Children (ages 1-11): $4
Adults (ages 12-64): $8
Seniors (age 65+, with ID): $5
Students or Military (with ID): $5
Groups: Reservations Required
Please contact us if you require special assistance.
Explora is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, and all purchases at our store are always tax-free.
Proceeds from your purchases at Ideas, the store at Explora, help fund our programs and exhibits.