Mission and Values
Explora: creating opportunities for inspirational discovery and the joy of lifelong learning through interactive experiences in science, technology, engineering, art, and math.
We champion experiential, open-ended learning as a foundation for innovation, creativity, and critical thinking.
- Everyone has something to learn and something to teach.
- Learning is inherently valuable and essential for growth.
- The best answer is often a question, unless it’s “where is the bathroom?”
- Parents and family are essential partners in learning.
We are stronger through the diversity of our staff, visitors, and board.We celebrate the diverse communities in which we live and work, and we strive to make positive contributions and create environments where all members are welcomed and valued.
- We make our resources available to everyone.
- We welcome others to our table, we join them at theirs, and we work together to achieve shared goals.
- Our value derives from our relevance to our communities.
We value generosity as listening, respect, and the sharing of time, ideas, and resources.
- We engage in tangible actions to help others.
- We assume good intentions and hold each other accountable for acting in good faith.
- It is important to listen and to help people find their voice.
- We welcome different perspectives and work together to find common solutions.
Organizational strength empowers us to act boldly for the long-term benefit of individuals, families, our communities, and the environment.
- People are our greatest asset, and we invest in their growth and development.
- We use our unique expertise in the development of programs, exhibits, and environments to be valuable and relevant.
- Partners are important, and many goals are best pursued by, with, and through others.
- Financial health allows us to try new things and develop ideas.